- With 80 buildings located on 756 acres of land, Northern Illinois' campus features plenty of green space, and several ponds as well as living space in four residence halls.
- From classic to modern, the Northern Illinois University campus is an eclectic mix of architectural styles while its open layout and scenic landscaping offers a beautiful surrounding for its students to pursue their studies.
- Located in the center of campus and offering bowling, billiards, a video arcade as well as a food court, bank and bookstore, the Holmes Student Center is the heart of student life at NIU.
- Navigating Northern Illinois' campus is easy thanks not only to its ample parking lots and well-kept walkways, but also to the Huskie Bus Line, which offers students free, fast and convenient transportation around campus and around town.
- From concerts and comedy acts to sporting events, Northern Illinois students can see it all right on campus. NIU's Convocation Center offers world-class entertainment. Martina McBride, Kanye West, Larry the Cable Guy, and Dave Chappelle are just a few of the acts to have played the "Convo" which is also the home of the Huskie basketball, volleyball, gymnastics and wrestling teams.