The Victors Cup
The Victors Cup represents the team (one male, one female) that best represents the Huskie Athletic Mission, developing champions in the classroom, in competition, and in life. The top women and men's team that accumulate the most points at the end of the year will be awarded the Victors Cup and a pizza party.
Student-Athletes Can Earn Points for Their Teams in Six Categories:
- Academic Excellence: earn points for team and individual academic achievements
- Athletic Excellence: earn points for team and individual athletic achievements
- Personal Development: earn points for attending a Life Skills event related to personal development, including mandatory team and athletic department events.
- Huskies Supporting Huskies: any student athlete who attends a Huskie Pride night competition (on competition selected by each team) will earn points.
- Huskie Heroes: earn 50 points for volunteering for a community service event that exceeds 4 hours
- SAAC Involvement: earn 50 points for every SAAC meeting at which your team has two representatives in attendance
Each team competes for First place in each category. Overall scores are based on each team's placement in each category. Earning First place will get your team 10 points, second will earn 8, third will earn 6, fourth will earn 5, fifth will earn 4, sixth earns 3, seventh earns 2, and eighth place will earn 1 point in that category. Teams can accumulate as many points in a category, but will only earn a maximum of 10 points for that category.
The Victors Awards Show
Held at the end of every academic year, The Victors is an opportunity for the department to come together and celebrate athletic, academic and community successes. The Victors Awards include the individual, male/female, and team awards as followers:
- Individual Awards: Huskie Heart Award; Huskie Pride Award; Play of the Year
- Male/Female Awards: Alumni Association Athlete of the Year; Newcomer of the Year; Scholar Athlete of the Year; Unsung Hero of the Year; Community Service Award; Mr. & Miss Victor E. Huskie
- Male/Female Team Awards: Team Coach of the Year; Academic Team of the Year; Team of the Year; Community Service Team of the Year; The Victors Cup Winner