NORTHERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY INTERCOLLEGIATE ATHLETICS
POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT GRADUATE ASSISTANT ATHLETIC TRAINER
The Athletic Training unit of Northern Illinois University Department of Intercollegiate Athletics offers Graduate Assistantship(s). The responsibilities of this assistantship will be as follows:
- Assist the full-time Athletic Training Staff in the operation of a Division I Athletic Training Unit. This is to include, but not limited to, the care and prevention of athletic injuries, medical record keeping, insurance processing, education of athletic training students and other organizational/administrative duties as assigned.
- Provide Athletic Training coverage for sport practices and events (home/away) as assigned and/or modified by the Head Athletic Trainer.
- Work directly with and under the medical supervision of the Team Physician(s).
- Potential assistance in the supervision and clinical instruction of Athletic Training Students in our CAATE accredited undergraduate Athletic Training Education Program.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head Athletic Trainer
- National Athletic Trainers Association Board of Certification, Certified Athletic Trainer or exam eligible.
- Eligible to meet all entrance requirements for Northern Illinois University Graduate School. (Please see graduate catalogue on university website, (http://www.grad.niu.edu/)
- Eligible to meet State of Illinois Athletic Trainer Licensure Requirements,
- Member in good standing of the National Athletic Trainers Association.
- Pass a State of Illinois Background Check
This position is a 9.5 month appointment that includes a stipend and tuition waiver (seeking in-state residency is encouraged). Professional fees such as partial licensure fees, and NATA membership dues are also included. The appointment begins approximately August 1st. Graduate studies are available through several different departments on campus including Kinesiology and Physical Education, Sport Management, Curriculum and Instruction, Health Education, and Adult Education, to name just a few. Other areas of study are available.
SEND LETTER OF APPLICATION, RESUME, AND LIST OF 5 REFERENCES TO:
(ALTHOUGH NOT REQUIRED, LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION ARE ENCOURAGED)
Jeff Sisson, MS Ed, ATC
Associate Athletic Trainer
Northern Illinois University
Yordon Center Athletic Training Room
DeKalb, IL 60115
Phone: (815) 753 4839
Applications accepted until position is filled.
Northern Illinois University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong commitment to the principles of affirmative action, Title IX and Section 504.