2015-16 Internship Opportunities
Assistant Coach, Football
Northern Illinois University, member of the Mid-American Conference and sponsor of 17 Division I sports, is seeking applications for the position of Assistant Football Coach. This is a full-time, 12 month position with benefits. This person will assist the head coach in the organization, management, and coaching of a NCAA Division I Football team, in conjunction with other department responsibilities.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Intercollegiate coaching experience
- Ability to demonstrate football skills, game and training strategies plus teaching progressions.
- Ability to communicate with and relate well to the student-athlete
- Ability to recruit and retain quality student-athletes including knowledge of junior colleges and high school programs
Ability to effectively communicate through oral, written and electronic forms
- Master's degree
- Successful competitive experience in football on the university or college level.
Applicants must email or mail the following:
- Letter of application which addresses each of the qualifications listed above
- Resume of professional accomplishments and experiences
- Names with contact information of three current professional references.
Applications will be immediately reviewed. Preference will be given to complete applications received by 5 pm CST, Thursday, January 14, 2016; however, applications will be accepted until position has been filled. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Send application materials (e-mail and .pdf preferred) to:
Senior Administrative Assistant, Intercollegiate Athletics
Northern Illinois University
Convocation Center Room 200D
DeKalb, IL 60115-2854
In compliance with the Illinois Campus Security Act, before an offer of employment is made, the university will conduct a pre-employment background investigation, which includes a criminal background check.
In accordance with applicable statutes and regulations, NIU is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, religion, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, political affiliation, or any other factor unrelated to professional qualifications, and will comply with all applicable federal and state statutes, regulations and orders pertaining to nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action. NIU recognizes Dual Career issues.