HEAD COACH, BASEBALL
Northern Illinois University, member of the Mid-American Conference and sponsor of 17 Division I sports programs, is seeking applications for the position of Head Baseball Coach. This is a full-time, 12-month position with benefits. This successful candidate will be responsible for the organization, management, administration, and coaching of a Division I baseball program, in conjunction with other department responsibilities.
- Required Qualifications:
Five academic years coaching experience in baseball at an NCAA Division I, II, III and/or NJCAA institution
Demonstrated knowledge of and adherence to the governing rules and regulations at the Division I, II, III and/or NJCAA level
Ability to communicate with and relate well to student-athletes
Ability to recruit and retain quality student-athletes
Ability to effectively communicate through oral, written and electronic forms
- Preferred Qualifications:
Successful competitive playing or coaching experience in baseball at the Division I level
To apply for this position, interested applicants should email (or mail) the following application materials:
- Letter of application which addresses each of the qualifications listed above
- Resume of professional accomplishments and experiences
- Names with contact information of three current professional references
Applications will be immediately reviewed. Preference will be given to complete applications received by 5 pm CST, Friday, December 5, 2014; however, applications will be accepted until position has been filled. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Send application materials (e-mail preferred) to:
Senior Administrative Assistant, Intercollegiate Athletics
Northern Illinois University
Convocation Center Room 200
DeKalb, IL 60115-2854
In compliance with the Illinois Campus Security Act, before an offer of employment is made, the university will conduct a pre-employment background investigation, which includes a criminal background check.
In accordance with applicable statutes and regulations, NIU is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, religion, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, political affiliation, or any other factor unrelated to professional qualifications, and will comply with all applicable federal and state statutes, regulations and orders pertaining to nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action. NIU recognizes Dual Career issues.
GRADUATE ASSISTANT ATHLETIC TRAINER
The Athletic Training unit of Northern Illinois University Department of Intercollegiate Athletics offers Graduate Assistantship(s). The responsibilities of this assistantship will be as follows:
- Assist the full-time Athletic Training Staff in the operation of a Division I Athletic Training Unit. This is to include, but not limited to, the care and prevention of athletic injuries, medical record keeping, insurance processing, education of athletic training students and other organizational/administrative duties as assigned.
- Provide Athletic Training coverage for sport practices and events (home/away) as assigned and/or modified by the Head Athletic Trainer.
- Work directly with and under the medical supervision of the Team Physician(s).
- Potential assistance in the supervision and clinical instruction of Athletic Training Students in our CAATE accredited undergraduate Athletic Training Education Program.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head Athletic Trainer
- National Athletic Trainers Association Board of Certification, Certified Athletic Trainer or exam eligible.
- Eligible to meet all entrance requirements for Northern Illinois University Graduate School.
(Please see graduate catalogue on university website, ( http://www.grad.niu.edu/ )
- Eligible to meet State of Illinois Athletic Trainer Licensure Requirements,
( http://www.idfpr.com/profs/info/AthleticTraining.asp )
- Member in good standing of the National Athletic Trainers Association.
- Pass a State of Illinois Background Check
This position is a 9.5 month appointment that includes a stipend and tuition waiver (seeking in-state residency is encouraged). Professional fees such as partial licensure fees, and NATA membership dues are also included. The appointment begins approximately August 1st. Graduate studies are available through several different departments on campus including Kinesiology and Physical Education, Sport Management, Curriculum and Instruction, Health Education, and Adult Education, to name just a few. Other areas of study are available.
SEND LETTER OF APPLICATION, RESUME, AND LIST OF 5 REFERENCES TO:
(ALTHOUGH NOT REQUIRED, LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION ARE ENCOURAGED)
Phil Voorhis, MS Ed, ATC
Assistant Athletic Director-Athletic Training
Northern Illinois University
170 Convocation Center, Athletic Training Room
DeKalb, IL 60115
Phone: (815) 753 0211
Applications accepted until position is filled.
Northern Illinois University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong commitment to the principles of affirmative action, Title IX and Section 504.
2014-15 Internship Opportunities