Assistant Athletics Director, Operations
Northern Illinois University, member of the Mid-American Conference and sponsor of 17 Division I sports, is seeking applications for the full time position of Assistant Athletic Director, Operations for the Convocation Center. The successful candidate will be responsible for independent leadership and management of all aspects of revenue generation for the NIU Convocation Center and the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics. Responsibilities include but are not limited to oversight of all operations and ticket sales, priority seating, customer service and personnel functions of the ticket office. This position will report to the Director of the Convocation Center (PRIMARY), and the Associate Athletics Director, Collegiate Advancement and External Affairs (SECONDARY). For more information on NIU Athletics, please visit our website at: http://www.niuhuskies.com/.
Bachelor's degree, followed by a minimum of five years of progressively responsible managerial experience in ticket sales operations
Proven track record of leadership in areas of ticket sales operations
Effective communication skills (oral and written)
Demonstrated successful management skills
Ticket selling experience using a computer ticketing software
Experience in intercollegiate athletics at the Division I level in ticket sales
Supervisory experience in event ticketing
Ticket selling and reporting experience using Ticketmaster or Paciolan ticketing software
Experience with priority seating and donor account management
Negotiation and administration of contracts
Applicants must email the following:
- letter of application which addresses each of the qualifications listed above
- resume of professional accomplishments and experiences,
- list of three current professional references with title and contact information.
Preference will be given to complete applications received by Wednesday, February 26, 2014; however, applications will be accepted until position has been filled. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Send application materials via e-mail to:
Director of Personnel, Intercollegiate Athletics
Northern Illinois University
Suite 219D Convocation Center
DeKalb, IL 60115-2854
In compliance with the Illinois Campus Security Act, before an offer of employment is made, the university will conduct a pre-employment background investigation, which includes a criminal background check.
In accordance with applicable statutes and regulations, NIU is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, religion, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, political affiliation, or any other factor unrelated to professional qualifications, and will comply with all applicable federal and state statutes, regulations and orders pertaining to nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action. NIU recognizes Dual Career issues.
GRADUATE ASSISTANT ATHLETIC TRAINER
The Athletic Training unit of Northern Illinois University Department of Intercollegiate Athletics offers Graduate Assistantship(s). The responsibilities of this assistantship will be as follows:
- Assist the full-time Athletic Training Staff in the operation of a Division I Athletic Training Unit. This is to include, but not limited to, the care and prevention of athletic injuries, medical record keeping, insurance processing, education of athletic training students and other organizational/administrative duties as assigned.
- Provide Athletic Training coverage for sport practices and events (home/away) as assigned and/or modified by the Head Athletic Trainer.
- Work directly with and under the medical supervision of the Team Physician(s).
- Potential assistance in the supervision and clinical instruction of Athletic Training Students in our CAATE accredited undergraduate Athletic Training Education Program.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head Athletic Trainer
- National Athletic Trainers Association Board of Certification, Certified Athletic Trainer or exam eligible.
- Eligible to meet all entrance requirements for Northern Illinois University Graduate School. (Please see graduate catalogue on university website, (http://www.grad.niu.edu/)
- Eligible to meet State of Illinois Athletic Trainer Licensure Requirements,
- Member in good standing of the National Athletic Trainers Association.
- Pass a State of Illinois Background Check
This position is a 9.5 month appointment that includes a stipend and tuition waiver (seeking in-state residency is encouraged). Professional fees such as partial licensure fees, and NATA membership dues are also included. The appointment begins approximately August 1st. Graduate studies are available through several different departments on campus including Kinesiology and Physical Education, Sport Management, Curriculum and Instruction, Health Education, and Adult Education, to name just a few. Other areas of study are available.
SEND LETTER OF APPLICATION, RESUME, AND LIST OF 5 REFERENCES TO:
(ALTHOUGH NOT REQUIRED, LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION ARE ENCOURAGED)
Jeff Sisson, MS Ed, ATC
Associate Athletic Trainer
Northern Illinois University
Yordon Center Athletic Training Room
DeKalb, IL 60115
Phone: (815) 753 4839
Applications accepted until position is filled.
Northern Illinois University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong commitment to the principles of affirmative action, Title IX and Section 504.