March 29, 2013
- The Huskie football practiced under brilliant sunshine and warmer temperatures late Friday afternoon at Huskie Stadium. Northern Illinois worked out for 24 periods or a little over two hours. For the second straight day, NIU was donned in shorts and helmets with the defense wearing black practice jerseys.
- Northern Illinois spent the first four practices working on special teams drills before moving on to individual work. The team broke for some one-on-ones with the running backs and linebackers facing off in pass rush/pass protect drills; wide receivers against defensive backs and the O-line battling the D-line. The Huskies got together for the final two periods for a team session.
- Dominique Ware made a nice interception in the one-on-one drills between the receivers and DBs, while Jimmie Ward stepped in front of a pass for a pick during the second portion of the team period. Da'Ron Brown was on the receiving end of Jordan Lynch bomb for a touchdown to provide the Huskie offense with a highlight during the team session.
- In the "former Huskie" sighting of the day, National Football Foundation Scholar-Athlete and Second Team Academic All-American Nabal Jefferson was on hand at practice today. Jefferson, a standout nose guard for NIU, was studying the defensive line intensely.
- NIU's third practice of spring scheduled for Saturday, March 30, originally scheduled for 1:05 p.m., has been moved up to 12:10 p.m. (CT)