April 7, 2007
Toledo, Ohio - The Huskies came up short, again, losing on the road to Toledo, 6-1, Saturday.
Dora Delgadillo and Jenny Edner won their fourth doubles match in a row, beating Jenny Belsky and Sarah Horning, 8-7, (7-1), at number three doubles. Unfortunately, that was the only doubles match that NIU (4-8, 0-4) was able to win as the Rockets (13-3, 4-0) took the doubles point with wins from their number one and two doubles teams.
NIU's only point was picked up by Brooke Forsberg's win over Nadia Zoubareva, 0-6, 7-5, 10-5, at number four singles.
NIU head coach Ryun Ferrell thinks that the Huskies are right where they need to be and will see better results soon.
"We're on the right track, as always," Ferrell said. "[Today] was even better than yesterday. In doubles, we were like machines. We just came up a little short. In singles, we were the exact same way. We just can't get over the hump right now, but [we] are getting better. I think we will see some success in the near future."
1) Nadia Zoubareva/Myriam Cueva def. Megan Brooks / Brooke Forsberg 8-5
2) Martina Wodzinski/Maha Guirguis def. Lilian Asuaje / Nao Umemura 8-5
3) Dora Delgadillo / Jenny Edner def. Jenny Belsky/Sarah Horning 8-7, (7-1)
1) Myriam Cueva def. Lilian Asuaje 6-1, 6-1
2) Martin Wodzinski def. Jenny Edner 6-3, 6-4
3) Maha Guirguis def. Nao Umemura
4) Brooke Forsberg def. Nadia Zoubareva 0-6, 7-5, 10-5
5) Jenny Belsky def. Dora Delgadillo 6-4, 6-1
6) Jessica Azoulay def. Megan Brooks 5-7, 6-1, 10-2