April 18, 2008
OXFORD, Ohio -The Northern Illinois University women's tennis team lost its first match of a two-match road trip, falling to Miami (OH) (13-6, 7-1), 7-0, in Oxford Friday afternoon.
The Huskies (3-12, 1-6) put up strong battles at Nos. 2, 4 and 6 singles, but were unable to post a victory. Lilian Asuaje (Monterrey, Mexico/American School Foundation of Monterrey) put up a fight, but lost in straight sets, 6-3, 6-2 at No. 2 singles.
At No. 4 singles, Brooke Forsberg (Moline, Ill./Moline) was blanked in the first set, 6-0, but came back strong in the second, falling 6-4. In No. 6 singles action, Dora Delgadillo (San Luis Potosi, Mexico/Instituto Tecnologico de Estudios Superiores) lost in straight sets, losing the first set, 6-2. She rallied in the second set, eventually losing 6-4.
The Huskies will be back in action Saturday, April 19, 2008 when NIU travels to Muncie, Ind. to face off against Ball State. First serve is set for 1 p.m. Central Time.
1. Brintney Larson (UM) def. Nao Umemura (NIU) 6-1, 6-0
2. Leda Pesatova (UM) def. Lilian Asuaje (NIU) 6-3, 6-2
3. Megan Martzolf (UM) def. Kathryn Friedlund (NIU) 6-1, 6-2
4. Kelly Douple (UM) def. Brooke Forsberg (NIU) 6-0, 6-4
5. Cara Wald (UM) def. Jenny Edner (NIU) 6-1, 6-0
6. Victoria Pulido (UM) def. Dora Delgadillo (NIU) 6-2, 6-4
1. Wald/Martzolf (UM) def. Umemura/Forsberg (NIU) 8-1
2. Bridger/Pesatova (UM) def. Friedlund/Asuaje (NIU) 8-1
3. Douple/Larson (UM) def. Delgadillo/Edner (NIU) 8-1